Danielle's well...i dunno for sure

i did it ok - Here's to you(Robbie and Alec)

Monday, June 12, 2006

2 weeeks until BRAZIL...AHH!!!

ok so this past week was filled with busy-ness and loss of sleep..which has led to exhaustion.

The alpha and omega is an annual campout that my youth group has. It is for incoming 7th graders through outgoing seniors. The SMITE team also plans and runs it.

Emily and I stayed up until 4ish on tuesday night/wednesday morning making programs/schedules for the alpha and omega. We then proceeded to arise the next morning at 7:45 and go and have a work day at Bethany farms, the place where our campout was going to be. I got home at like 12:30 on wednesday and crashed...well outside in the pool that is. I then went to SMITE at 5:00 and then went to an evangelism class at 6:30 and then to an open gym at 7:30. We played volleyball and it was fun. There were a lot of skaters there playing too.

Then after working from 4-10 at igloo on thursday, I proceeded to the church for another work night with my fellow smiters. We were there until about 12:30 along with PW. As Brianna, Emily, and I were making our way out to my car, Brianna accidently dropped her glass plate right behind my car. Glass went everywere. So emily and I ran all the way around the building to knock on PW's window. He came outside and helped clean up the glass. As we were sweeping the parking lot at like 1 o'clock, a ranger/cop car pulled up and asked us what we were doing b/c I guess there were some drunk people on the other side of the parking lot....interesting. Sylvia, Rachelle, Brianna, Emily and I then went to Rachelle house for, yes, more planning.

Me and Emily stayed up until 5:30 am on thursday night/friday morning planning for the alpha and omega that was on friday. We decided that since we had to get up at 7:30 anyways that we would just go ahead and take a shower and spend an hour getting ready. We then went to MEijer and got a donut and some hodge-podge of coffe/hot chocolate/cappacino.

Friday was hectic. Hannah Rausch and I took on like 16 boys during a game of capture the flag. I went to bed about 2:00 am.

Saturday we got up at 6:00 am and it was raining i guess. So we went to Danny Little's house (which was on the property) and cooked breakfast.

I have like 3 blisters on my face from where grease splased up on me while we were making the french toast..



Oh man Brazil. It'll be a blast. Only 2 weeks and a butt load of more stuff to do.


But I can't lose sight of the REAL reason that I'm going on this trip:It's about God and HIs work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Girl...you are soo busy, i hope that when you get back from Brazil, we can get together eat lots of strawberries, and drive to Montecello to watch a movie, it's just not the same with anyone else!!!! i luv ya and i'll see ya later!

7:56 PM  
Blogger La Profesora said...

This trip is going to change your outlook totally. I'll be praying for you. What are the exact dates?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

Hope you have a great trip. I know I did. Just watch out for large snakes.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home