Danielle's well...i dunno for sure

i did it ok - Here's to you(Robbie and Alec)

Saturday, April 01, 2006

TOUR



Well... FMT tour is over, BUT it was AMAZING! God allowed me to meet a ton of cool new people. AND to everyone on FMT - I love you guys; you are so crazy and so much fun. The bus rides were a good time to get to know some people better that I've known for a long time. From "Catch Phrase" to musical chairs and even Joel crawling like a spider all the way up the bus(which mysteriously left a trail of stench..hmm), we definitely know how to have fun and keep ourselves occupied.

The first day was full of "good times". First thing was the first truck stop that we stopped at. All was going well until we see this fat guy(of which I thought was a pregnant woman in labor or something) on the ground with his belly hanging out. I guess he had stolen something and this guy had ran after him and tackled him. And then a police car pulled up. Second thing was that we had to change into our formal outfits at a GAS station. Just picture 13 girls with huge duffel bags in a bathroom with about 4 stalls. Let's just say that we got done getting dressed before the boys did! And then we got to the Lietdke's church(God once again blessed us with really be-a-utiful weather)ate supper and then sang there. Then Sonnie, Rebecca, and I went and stayed with this awesome girl, whose name was also Danielle. I'd have to say that "Danielle" is the coolest name ever! Anywhos that day was a lot of fun.

Thursday we was also really fun we got to meet Mrs. Lietdke's class. They were adorable. One of the little boys even started to cry when Joey left b/c he got so attatched to him. We then preceded to sing for their school's chapel. After that we ate a quick lunch and hurried on to a yellow school bus to get a 30 minute tour of the Benning military base. Abbie and I also met an army man(he was sorta grumpy or maybe he was just shy!?!?). Then we left for Shiloh hills. WE arrived and I got chased by a worm and then Joey ate the worm for $2. And then we witnessed their grand play. Needless to say it made me thankful for our play. And then we found out our residences for the night. Amy and I stayed with the Johnsons; they had 2 daughters(a freshman and a 7th grader)and a son(a senior). I was very happy b/c they took us out for ice cream and they were sports fanatics just like me. WEll that day was good.

Friday was our last day. Mrs. Johnson took Amy, her kids, and I to Dunkin Donuts to get some breakfast, which was really sweet of her. WE got to school and then we sang for their chapel. All of us were so tired when we got their. And we really needed to get the right focus on God and his power to work through us. I just pray that God not only worked in our hearts, but in theirs too. We then changed into jeans and left for Mammoth caves. This is where we took a guided tour and SANG IN THE CAVE, yes we sang in the cave at Joel's request. Then we left for home and arrived back at midnight.

IT was short, but sweet. I really do believe and pray that God worked through us. Furthermore, He taught me so much: To be thankful for my school, to not take people for granted, and that some people, as different as they may be, are worth getting to know.


-Dani

7 Comments:

Blogger Kyndall said...

It sounds like you had a blast and learned a lot too! I'm glad you guys are back, but also glad that you had a great time.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

inflation...HOOAH!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

Aren't you glad you joined FMT? Also, it's Fort Benning. Just FYI.

P.S. I noticed that in some of those pictures your lips looked, shall we say, vuluptuous?

5:52 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

i can't seem to focus on that long enough to read it but the pictures are nice :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Sage said...

It's BENNING... not bennington... I live there... fer now... It was awesome havin you guys. Wish we could've hung out more. Oh well, Peace lady-muga (or mugette)

5:58 PM  
Blogger bethoven said...

I read the whole post, Danielle. Loved it. Great memories. :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

DANI I LOVE INFLATION AND I LOVE YOU!!! can't wait till Columbia this summer...we are going to drive the guys CRAZY with all the inflation...hmm i bet Daniel and Micah would look good with it. we'll have to try it on them, lol. :)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home